Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun tab has 5 senses
- check, chit, tab - the bill in a restaurant; "he asked the waiter for the check"
--1 is a kind of bill, account, invoice
- yellow journalism, tabloid, tab - sensationalist journalism
--2 is a kind of journalism, news media, fourth estate
- tab key, tab - the key on an electric typewriter that causes a tabulation
--3 is a kind of key
- tab - a short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it; "pull the tab to open the can"; "files with a red tab will be stored separately"; "the collar has a tab with a button hole"
--4 is a kind of strip, slip
- pill, lozenge, tablet, tab - a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
--5 is a kind of dose
--5 has particulars: