Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun sullivan has 5 senses
- Sullivan, Louis Sullivan, Louis Henry Sullivan, Louis Henri Sullivan - United States architect known for his steel framed skyscrapers and for coining the phrase `form follows function' (1856-1924)
--1 is a kind of architect, designer
- Sullivan, Harry Stack Sullivan - United States psychiatrist (1892-1949)
--2 is a kind of psychiatrist, head-shrinker, shrink
- Sullivan, Ed Sullivan, Edward Vincent Sullivan - United States host on a well known television variety show (1902-1974)
--3 is a kind of master of ceremonies, emcee, host
- Sullivan, Anne Sullivan, Anne Mansfield Sullivan - United States educator who was the teacher and lifelong companion of Helen Keller (1866-1936)
--4 is a kind of educator, pedagogue
- Sullivan, Arthur Sullivan, Arthur Seymour Sullivan, Sir Arthur Sullivan - English composer of operettas who collaborated with the librettist William Gilbert (1842-1900)
--5 is a kind of composer