Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun stint has 3 senses
- stretch, stint - an unbroken period of time during which you do something; "there were stretches of boredom"; "he did a stretch in the federal penitentiary"
--1 is a kind of duration, continuance
- least sandpiper, stint, Erolia minutilla - smallest American sandpiper
--2 is a kind of sandpiper
--2 is a member of Erolia, genus Erolia
- stint - an individuals prescribed share of work; "her stint as a lifeguard exhausted her"
--3 is a kind of job, task, chore
Verb stint has 2 senses
- scrimp, stint, skimp - subsist on a meager allowance; "scratch and scrimp"
--1 is one way to save
Somebody ----s on something
- stint, skimp, scant - supply sparingly and with restricted quantities; "sting with the allowance"
--2 is one way to supply, provide, render, furnish