Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun snipe has 2 senses
- snipe - Old or New World straight-billed game bird of the sandpiper family; of marshy areas; similar to the woodcocks
--1 is a kind of shorebird, shore bird, limicoline bird
--1 is a member of wisp
--1 has particulars:
- snipe - a gunshot from a concealed location
--2 is a kind of gunfire, gunshot
Verb snipe has 3 senses
- snipe - hunt or shoot snipe
--1 is one way to hunt, run, hunt down, track down
In the summer they like to go out and snipe
- sharpshoot, snipe - aim and shoot with great precision
--2 is one way to shoot
- attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault - attack in speech or writing; "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
--3 is one way to knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something
=> Somebody ----s PP