Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective skulking has 1 sense
- furtive, lurking, skulking, sneak, sneaky, stealthy, surreptitious - marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed; "a furtive manner"; "a lurking prowler"; "a sneak attack"; "stealthy footsteps"; "a surreptitious glance at his watch"; "someone skulking in the shadows"
Antonym: unconcealed (indirect, via concealed)
Noun skulking has 1 sense
- malingering, skulking - evading duty or work by pretending to be incapacitated; "they developed a test to detect malingering"
--1 is a kind of evasion, escape, dodging
Verb skulk has 3 senses
- lurk, skulk - lie in wait, lie in ambush, behave in a sneaky and secretive manner
--1 is one way to hide, conceal
Somebody ----s PP
- malinger, skulk - avoid responsibilities and duties, e.g., by pretending to be ill
--2 is one way to fiddle, shirk, shrink from, goldbrick
- skulk - move stealthily; "The lonely man skulks down the main street all day"
--3 is one way to walk
Sam cannot skulk Sue