Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun reinforcement has 5 senses
- support, reinforcement, reenforcement - a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission; "they called for artillery support"
--1 is a kind of operation, military operation
--1 has particulars: close support
- reinforcement, reenforcement - information that makes more forcible or convincing; "his gestures provided eloquent reinforcement for his complaints"
--2 is a kind of confirmation
- reinforcing stimulus, reinforcer, reinforcement - (psychology) a stimulus that strengthens or weakens the behavior that produced it
--3 is a kind of stimulation, stimulus, stimulant, input
--3 has particulars:
- strengthener, reinforcement - a device designed to provide additional strength; "the cardboard backing was just a strengthener"; "he used gummed reinforcements to hold the page in his notebook"
--4 is a kind of device
--4 has particulars:
- reward, reinforcement - an act performed to strengthen approved behavior
--5 is a kind of blessing, approval, approving
--5 has particulars: carrot