Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun rebound has 3 senses
- recoil, repercussion, rebound, backlash - a movement back from an impact
--1 is a kind of movement, motion
--1 has particulars:
- rebound - a reaction to a crisis or setback or frustration; "he is still on the rebound from his wife's death"
--2 is a kind of reaction, response
- rebound - the act of securing possession of the rebounding basketball after a missed shot
--3 is a kind of catch, grab, snatch, snap
--3 is a part of basketball, basketball game, hoops
Verb rebound has 2 senses
- bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet - spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
--1 is one way to jump, leap, bound, spring
Something is ----ing PP
- rally, rebound - return to a former condition; "The jilted lover soon rallied and found new friends"; "The stock market rallied"
--2 is one way to recover, go back, recuperate
The stock market is going to rebound
The business is going to rebound