Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective primary has 5 senses
- primary - of first rank or importance or value; direct and immediate rather than secondhand; "primary goals"; "a primary effect"; "primary sources"; "a primary interest"
Antonyms: secondary, alternate, alternative, auxiliary, subsidiary, supplemental, supplementary, collateral, indirect, secondhand, second-string, standby, tributary, utility, substitute, vicarious, thirdhand
- primary - not derived from or reducible to something else; basic; "a primary instinct"
Antonym: derived (indirect, via underived)
- chief, main, primary, principal - most important element; "the chief aim of living"; "the main doors were of solid glass"; "the principal rivers of America"; "the principal example"; "policemen were primary targets"
Antonym: unimportant (indirect, via important)
- elementary, primary - of or being the essential or basic part; "an elementary need for love and nurturing"
Antonyms: incidental, incident (indirect, via basic)
- basal, basic, primary - of primary importance; "basic truths"
Antonyms: inessential, unessential (indirect, via essential)