Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective pm has 1 sense
- post meridiem, p.m., pm - after noon
Antonym: antemeridian (indirect, via postmeridian)
Adverbial pm has 1 sense
- post meridiem, P.M., PM - between noon and midnight; "let's meet at 8 P.M."
Noun pm has 4 senses
- autopsy, necropsy, postmortem, PM, postmortem examination - an examination and dissection of a dead body to determine cause of death or the changes produced by disease
--1 is a kind of examination, scrutiny
- promethium, Pm, atomic number 61 - a soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group having no stable isotope; was discovered in radioactive form as a fission product of uranium
--2 is a kind of metallic element, metal
- Prime Minister, PM, premier - the person who holds the position of head of state in England
--3 is a kind of head of state, chief of state
--3 is a member of British Cabinet
- phase modulation, PM - modulation of the phase of the carrier wave
--4 is a kind of modulation