Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun pig has 6 senses
- hog, pig, grunter, squealer, Sus scrofa - domestic swine
--1 is a kind of swine
--1 is a member of Sus, genus Sus
--1 has parts: trotter; pork, porc
--1 has substances: lard
--1 has particulars: porker
- slob, sloven, pig, slovenly person - a coarse obnoxious person
--2 is a kind of vulgarian
--2 has particulars:
- hog, pig - a person regarded as greedy and pig-like
--3 is a kind of selfish person
- bull, cop, copper, fuzz, pig - uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
--4 is a kind of policeman, police officer, officer
- pig bed, pig - mold consisting of a bed of sand in which pig iron is cast
--5 is a kind of mold, mould, cast
- pig - a crude block of metal (lead or iron) poured from a smelting furnace
--6 is a kind of ingot, metal bar, block of metal
Verb pig has 3 senses
- pig, pig it - live like a pig, in squalor
--1 is one way to live
Somebody ----s PP
- devour, guttle, raven, pig - eat greedily; "he devoured three sandwiches"
--2 is one way to eat
Somebody ----s something
- farrow, pig - give birth; "sows farrow"
--3 is one way to litter