Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun passion has 7 senses
- passion, passionateness - strong feeling or emotion
--1 is a kind of feeling
--1 has particulars:
- heat, warmth, passion - intense passion or emotion
--2 is a kind of emotionality, emotionalism
- rage, passion - something that is desired intensely; "his rage for fame destroyed him"
--3 is a kind of desire
- mania, passion, cacoethes - an irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action
--4 is a kind of irrational motive
--4 has particulars:
- passion - a feeling of strong sexual desire
--5 is a kind of sexual desire, concupiscence, physical attraction
- love, passion - any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love" or "he has a passion for cock fighting";
--6 is a kind of object
- Passion, Passion of Christ - the suffering of Jesus at the crucifixion
--7 is a kind of agony, suffering, excruciation