Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun outrage has 4 senses
- indignation, outrage - a feeling of righteous anger
--1 is a kind of anger, choler, ire
--1 has particulars: dudgeon, high dudgeon
- outrage - a wantonly cruel act
--2 is a kind of atrocity, inhumanity
- scandal, outrage - a disgraceful event
--3 is a kind of trouble
--3 has particulars:
- scandalization, scandalisation, outrage - the act of scandalizing
--4 is a kind of insult, affront
Verb outrage has 3 senses
- shock, offend, scandalize, scandalise, appal, appall, outrage - strike with disgust or revulsion; "The scandalous behavior of this married woman shocked her friends"
--1 is one way to disgust, revolt, nauseate, sicken, churn up
The bad news will outrage him
The performance is likely to outrage Sue
- desecrate, profane, outrage, violate - violate the sacred character of a place or language; "desecrate a cemetary"; "violate the sanctity of the church"; "profane the name of God"
--2 is one way to assail, assault, set on, attack
Somebody ----s something
- rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonor, dishonour, outrage - force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman was raped on her way home at night"
--3 is one way to assail, assault, set on, attack
Somebody ----s somebody