Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Definitions from WordNet
Noun norman thomas has 1 sense
- Thomas, Norman Thomas, Norman Mattoon Thomas - United States socialist who was a candidate for president six times (1884-1968)
--1 is a kind of socialist
Definitions from the Web
Term: Norman Thomas
- Norman Thomas refers to an American politician and social reformer who played a significant role during the first half of the 20th century. He served as the leader of the Socialist Party of America and was known for his progressive political views and advocacy for social equality.
- In a broader sense, Norman Thomas can also refer to the ideas and principles espoused by Thomas, such as democratic socialism and social justice.
- In 1928, Norman Thomas ran as the presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America, promoting his vision for a fair and just society.
- Norman Thomas strongly believed in the power of collective action to address income inequality and improve the lives of working-class Americans.
- The writings and speeches of Norman Thomas continue to inspire generations of activists fighting for social change.
Related Products on Amazon: