Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun needle has 4 senses
- acerate leaf, needle - as of a conifer
--1 is a kind of simple leaf
- needle - a slender pointer for indicating the reading on the scale of a measuring instrument
--2 is a kind of pointer
- needle - a sharp pointed implement (usually steel)
--3 is a kind of implement
--3 has part: eye; point
--3 has particulars:
- phonograph needle, needle - a stylus that formerly made sound by following a groove in a phonograph record
--4 is a kind of stylus
Verb needle has 2 senses
- needle, goad - goad or provoke,as by constant criticism; "He needled her with his sarcastic remarks"
--1 is one way to harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
- needle - prick with a needle
--2 is one way to prickle, prick
Somebody ----s something