Definitions from WordNet
Definitions from the Web
Minimisation is the act or process of reducing something to its smallest or least amount or degree. It can refer to various contexts such as minimizing risks, minimizing costs, or minimizing the impact of something. In psychology, it can also refer to the subconscious process of downplaying or denying the significance of a painful or negative experience.
1. The company implemented various strategies for the minimisation of production costs.
2. The campaign focused on the minimisation of environmental pollution through recycling.
3. He tried to achieve the minimisation of his tax liability by utilizing legal deductions.
4. The defendant's lawyer attempted to argue for the minimisation of his client's responsibility in the crime.
5. The minimisation of the potential damage caused by the hurricane required timely evacuation.
minimal brain dysfunction minimal software component minimalism minimalist minimally-invasive minimally minimally invasive coronary bypass surgery minime minimisation minimise minimised minimises minimising minimization minimizations minimize minimized