Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective metric has 2 senses
- metric, metrical - based on the meter as a standard of measurement; "the metric system"; "metrical equivalents"
- measured, metrical, metric - the rhythmic arrangement of syllables
Antonyms: unrhythmical, unrhythmic (indirect, via rhythmical)
Noun metric has 3 senses
- metric function, metric - a function of a topological space that gives, for any two points in the space, a value equal to the distance between them
--1 is a kind of function, mathematical function
- metric unit, metric - a decimal unit of measurement of the metric system (based on meters and kilograms and seconds); "convert all the measurements to metric units"; "it is easier to work in metric"
--2 is a kind of unit of measurement, unit
--2 has particulars:
- system of measurement, metric - a system of related measures that facilitates the quantification of some particular characteristic
--3 is a kind of measure, quantity, amount
--3 has particulars: