Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective merging has 2 senses
- blending, merging, mingling - combining or mixing
Antonym: unblended (indirect, via blended)
- confluent, merging - flowing together
Antonyms: divergent, diverging (indirect, via convergent)
Noun merging has 2 senses
- merging, meeting, coming together - the act of joining together as one; "the merging of the two groups occurred quickly"; "there was no meeting of minds"
--1 is a kind of convergence, converging, convergency
--1 has particulars: concourse, confluence
- confluence, conflux, merging - a flowing together
--2 is a kind of blend, blending
Verb merge has 3 senses
- unify, unite, merge - become one; "Germany unified officially in 1990"; "Will the two Koreas unify?"
--1 is one way to integrate
- blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge - mix together different elements; "The colors blend well"
--2 is one way to change integrity
Something is ----ing PP
Somebody ----s PP
- unite, unify, merge - join or combine; "We merged our resources"
--3 is one way to change, alter, modify
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s something