Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun lewis has 6 senses
- Lewis, Jerry Lee Lewis - United States rock star singer and pianist (born in 1935)
--1 is a kind of rock star; pianist, piano player
- Lewis, Carl Lewis, Frederick Carleton Lewis - United States athlete who won gold medals at the Olympics for his skill in sprinting and jumping (born in 1961)
--2 is a kind of sprinter; jumper
- Lewis, Meriwether Lewis - United States explorer and soldier who lead led an expedition from St. Louis to the mouth of the Columbia River (1774-1809)
--3 is a kind of explorer, adventurer
- Lewis, John L. Lewis, John Llewelly Lewis - United States labor leader who was president of the United Mine Workers of America from 1920 to 1960 and president of the Congress of Industrial Organizations from 1935 to 1940 (1880-1969)
--4 is a kind of labor leader
- Lewis, Sinclair Lewis, Harry Sinclair Lewis - United States novelist who satirized middle-class America in his novel Main Street (1885-1951)
--5 is a kind of writer, author
- Lewis, C. S. Lewis, Clive Staples Lewis - English critic and novelist; author of theological works and of books for children (1898-1963)
--6 is a kind of writer, author