Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun jockey has 2 senses
- jockey - someone employed to ride horses in horse races
--1 is a kind of horseman, equestrian, horseback rider
- jockey - an operator of some vehicle or machine or apparatus; "he's a truck jockey"; "a computer jockey"; "a disc jockey"
--2 is a kind of operator, manipulator
Verb jockey has 3 senses
- cheat, chouse, shaft, screw, chicane, jockey - defeat someone in an expectation through trickery or deceit
--1 is one way to beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s something
- jockey - compete (for an advantage or a position)
--2 is one way to manoeuver, maneuver, manoeuvre, operate
Somebody ----s PP
- jockey - ride a race-horse as a professional jockey
--3 is one way to horse-race