Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun indenture has 4 senses
- indentation, indenture - a concave cut into a surface or edge (as in a coastline)
--1 is a kind of concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
--1 has particulars: notch; notch; cleft
- indenture - formal agreement between the issuer of bonds and the bondholders as to terms of the debt
--2 is a kind of written agreement
- indenture - a contract binding one party into the service of another for a specified term
--3 is a kind of contract
- indentation, indent, indenture - the space left between the margin and the start of an indented line
--4 is a kind of space, blank space, place
Verb indenture has 1 sense
- indenture, indent - bind by or as if by indentures, as of an apprentice or servant; "an indentured servant"
--1 is one way to oblige, bind, hold, obligate
Somebody ----s somebody