Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective immediate has 5 senses
- contiguous, immediate - very close or connected in space or time; "contiguous events"; "immediate contact"; "the immediate vicinity"; "the immediate past"
Antonym: distant (indirect, via close)
- immediate - having no intervening medium; "an immediate influence"
Antonyms: mediate, indirect, mediated
- immediate - immediately before or after as in a chain of cause and effect; "the immediate result"; "the immediate cause of the trouble"
Antonym: ultimate (indirect, via proximate)
- immediate - of the present time and place; "the immediate revisions"
Antonym: future (indirect, via past, present)
Antonym: past (indirect, via present, future)
- immediate, prompt, quick, straightaway - performed with little or no delay; "an immediate reply to my letter"; "prompt obedience"; "was quick to respond"; "a straightaway denial"
Antonym: slow (indirect, via fast)