Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun illumination has 5 senses
- light, illumination - a condition of spiritual awareness; divine illumination; "follow God's light"
--1 is a kind of condition, status
- illumination - the degree of visibility of your environment
--2 is a kind of state
--2 has particulars: light, lighting; dark, darkness
- clarification, elucidation, illumination - an interpretation that removes obstacles to understanding; "the professor's clarification helped her to understand the textbook"
--3 is a kind of interpretation
--3 has particulars: disambiguation
- illuminance, illumination - the luminous flux incident on a unit area
--4 is a kind of luminosity, brightness, brightness level, luminance, luminousness, light
- miniature, illumination - painting or drawing included in a book (especially in illuminated medieval manuscripts)
--5 is a kind of painting, picture