Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun gap has 5 senses
- gap, spread - a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures; "gap between income and outgo"; "the spread between lending and borrowing costs"
--1 is a kind of disparity
- opening, gap - an open or empty space in or between things; "there was a small opening between the trees"; "the explosion made a gap in the wall"
--2 is a kind of space
--2 is a part of surface, Earth's surface
--2 has particulars:
| ||pocket; Ranvier's nodes, nodes of Ranvier; foramen, hiatus; breach; chasm; crack, cleft, crevice, fissure, scissure; hole; mouth; rift; rip, rent, snag, split, tear; window|
- gap, crack - a narrow opening; "he opened the window a crack"
--3 is a kind of opening
--3 has particulars: lacuna, blank; spark gap
- col, gap - a pass between mountain peaks
--4 is a kind of pass, mountain pass, notch
--4 has particulars: water gap; wind gap
- break, interruption, disruption, gap - an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"
--5 is a kind of delay, holdup
--5 has particulars:
Verb gap has 1 sense
- gap, breach - make an opening or gap in
--1 is one way to open, open up
Somebody ----s something