Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective favorite has 2 senses
- favorite, favourite - appealing to the general public; "a favorite tourist attraction"
Antonym: unpopular (indirect, via popular)
- favored, favorite, favourite, pet, preferred - preferred above all others and treated with partiality; "the favored child"
Antonym: unloved (indirect, via loved)
Noun favorite has 3 senses
- favorite, favourite - something regarded with special favor or liking; "that book is one of my favorites"
--1 is a kind of choice, pick, selection
- darling, favorite, favourite, pet, dearie, deary, ducky - a special loved one
--2 is a kind of lover
--2 has particulars: chosen; macushla; mollycoddle; teacher's pet
- front-runner, favorite, favourite - a competitor thought likely to win
--3 is a kind of rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender