Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun draught has 6 senses
- draft, draught, potation, tipple - a serving of drink (usually alcoholic) drawn from a keg; "they served beer on draft"
--1 is a kind of board game; drink; board game; drink
--1 has parts: checkerboard
--1 has particulars: quaff
- gulp, draft, draught, swig - a large and hurried swallow; "he finished it at a single gulp"
--2 is a kind of swallow, drink, deglutition; swallow, drink, deglutition
- draft, draught - a current of air (usually coming into a room or vehicle)
--3 is a kind of wind, air current, current of air; wind, air current, current of air
--3 has particulars: updraft; downdraft
- draft, draught - the depth of a vessel's keel below the surface (especially when loaded)
--4 is a kind of depth; depth
- draft, draught - a dose of liquid medicine; "he took a sleeping draft"
--5 is a kind of dose; dose
- draft, draught, drawing - the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling
--6 is a kind of pull, pulling; pull, pulling
Verb draught has 1 sense
- blueprint, draft, draught - make a blueprint of
--1 is one way to design, plan
Somebody ----s something