Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective doomed has 4 senses
- doomed - marked for certain death; "the black spot told the old sailor he was doomed"
Antonym: alive (indirect, via dead)
- cursed, damned, doomed, unredeemed, unsaved - in danger of the eternal punishment of hell; "poor damned souls"
Antonym: saved (indirect, via lost)
- doomed, ill-fated, ill-omened, ill-starred, unlucky - marked by or promising bad fortune; "their business venture was doomed from the start"; "an ill-fated business venture"; "an ill-starred romance"; "the unlucky prisoner was again put in irons"- W.H.Prescott
Antonym: fortunate (indirect, via unfortunate)
- doomed, fated - (usually followed by `to') determined by tragic fate; "doomed to unhappiness"; "fated to be the scene of Kennedy's assassination"
Antonym: uncertain (indirect, via certain)
Noun doomed has 1 sense
- doomed, lost - people who are destined to die soon; "the agony of the doomed was in his voice"
--1 is a kind of people