Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective deliberate has 5 senses
- deliberate, intentional, knowing, willful, wilful - by conscious design or purpose; "intentional damage"; "a knowing attempt to defraud"; "a willful waste of time"
Antonym: unintended (indirect, via intended)
- careful, deliberate, measured - with care and dignity; "walking at the same measured pace"; "with all deliberate speed"
Antonym: hurried (indirect, via unhurried)
- studied, deliberate - produced or marked by conscious design or premeditation; "a studied smile"; "a note of biting irony and studied insult"- V.L.Parrington
- deliberate - marked by careful consideration or reflection; "a deliberate decision"
Antonym: thoughtless (indirect, via thoughtful)
- calculated, deliberate, measured - carefully thought out in advance; "a calculated insult"; "with measured irony"
Antonym: unpremeditated (indirect, via premeditated)
Verb deliberate has 2 senses
- consider, debate, moot, turn over, deliberate - think about carefully; weigh; "They considered the possibility of a strike"; "Turn the proposal over in your mind"
--1 is one way to hash out, discuss, talk over
Somebody ----s something PP
Somebody ----s that CLAUSE
Somebody ----s whether INFINITIVE
- debate, deliberate - discuss the pros and cons of an issue
--2 is one way to hash out, discuss, talk over
Sam and Sue deliberate
Sam wants to deliberate with Sue