Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective thoughtful has 5 senses
- thoughtful - having intellectual depth; "a deeply thoughtful essay"
Antonym: superficial (indirect, via profound)
- thoughtful - exhibiting or characterized by careful thought; "a thoughtful paper"
Antonyms: thoughtless, inconsiderate, unconsidered, unreflective, unthinking, unthoughtful
- sensible, thoughtful - acting with or showing thought and good sense; "a sensible young man"
Antonym: frivolous (indirect, via serious)
- heedful, attentive, thoughtful - taking heed; giving close and thoughtful attention; "heedful of the warnings"; "so heedful a writer"; "heedful of what they were doing"
- kind, thoughtful - showing consideration and anticipation of needs; "it was thoughtful of you to bring flowers"; "a neighbor showed thoughtful attention"
Antonym: inconsiderate (indirect, via considerate)