Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective curling has 1 sense
- curled, curling - having curls
Antonym: straight (indirect, via curly)
Noun curling has 1 sense
- curling - a game played on ice; curling stones (heavy stones with handles) are slid toward a target
--1 is a kind of game
Verb curl has 5 senses
- curl, curve, kink - form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
--1 is one way to change surface
- curl up, curl, draw in - shape one's body into a curl; "She curled farther down under the covers"; "She fell and drew in"
--2 is one way to bend, flex
Something is ----ing PP
Somebody ----s PP
- coil, loop, curl - wind around something in coils or loops
--3 is one way to wind, wrap, roll, twine
They curl the wire around the stick
The wires curl around the stick
- curl, wave - twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
--4 is one way to twist
They curl their hair
- curl - play the Scottish game of curling
--5 is one way to play