Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun crest has 5 senses
- crest - the top line of a hill, mountain, or wave
--1 is a kind of line
- peak, crown, crest, top, tip, summit - the top point of a mountain or hill; "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the summit of Monadnock"
--2 is a kind of topographic point, place, spot
--2 has particulars: hilltop, brow; pinnacle; mountain peak
- crown, crest - the center of a cambered road
--3 is a kind of top, top side, upper side, upside
--3 is a part of road, route
- crest - (heraldry) in medieval times, an emblem used to decorate a helmet
--4 is a kind of emblem
--4 is a part of coat of arms, arms, blazon, blazonry
- crest - a showy growth of e.g. feathers or skin on the head of a bird or other animal
--5 is a kind of process, outgrowth, appendage
--5 has particulars: tuft; topknot; comb, cockscomb, coxcomb