Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun cramp has 3 senses
- spasm, cramp, muscle spasm - a painful and involuntary muscular contraction
--1 is a kind of symptom
--1 has particulars:
- cramp - a clamp for holding pieces of wood together while they are glued
--2 is a kind of clamp
- cramp, cramp iron - a strip of metal with ends bent at right angles; used to hold masonry together
--3 is a kind of strip, slip
Verb cramp has 2 senses
- cramp - secure with a cramp; "cramp the wood"
--1 is one way to fasten, fix, secure
Somebody ----s something
- hamper, halter, cramp, strangle - prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperilist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
--2 is one way to restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something