Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun clack has 2 senses
- clack, clap - a sharp abrupt noise as if two objects hit together; may be repeated
--1 is a kind of noise
- clack valve, clack, clapper valve - a simple valve with a hinge on one side; allows fluid to flow in only one direction
--2 is a kind of valve
Verb clack has 3 senses
- clatter, clack, brattle - make a rattling sound; "clattering dishes"
--1 is one way to make noise, resound, noise
Cars clack in the streets
The streets clack with cars
- cluck, click, clack - make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens
--2 is one way to utter, emit, let out, let loose
- chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble - speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
--3 is one way to talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise