Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective buff has 1 sense
- buff - of the color of buff leather
Antonym: achromatic (indirect, via chromatic)
Noun buff has 5 senses
- fan, buff, devotee, lover - an ardent follower and admirer
--1 is a kind of follower
--1 is a member of following, followers
--1 has particulars:
- buff - a soft thick undyed leather from the skins of e.g. buffalo or oxen
--2 is a kind of leather
- buff - bare skin; "swimming in the buff"
--3 is a kind of skin, tegument, cutis
- yellowish brown, raw sienna, buff, caramel, caramel brown - a medium to dark tan color
--4 is a kind of brown, brownness
--4 has particulars: snuff-color, snuff-colour
- buff, buffer - an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
--5 is a kind of implement
Verb buff has 2 senses
- buffet, buff - strike, beat repeatedly; "The wind buffeted him"
--1 is one way to hit
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
- buff, burnish, furbish, flush - polish and make shiny; "buff the wooden floors"; "buff my shoes"
--2 is one way to polish, smooth, smoothen, shine
They buff the glass tubes