Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun brother has 5 senses
- brother, blood brother - a male with the same parents as someone else; "my brother still lives with our parents"
--1 is a kind of male sibling
Antonyms: sister, sis
--1 has particulars: big brother; little brother; stepbrother, half-brother
- brother - a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion of other group); "none of his brothers would betray him"
--2 is a kind of member
--2 is a member of brotherhood, fraternity, sodality
--2 has particulars: Freemason, Mason
- buddy, brother, chum, crony, pal, sidekick - a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
--3 is a kind of friend
--3 has particulars: cobber
- brother, comrade - used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement; "Greetings, comrade!"
--4 is a kind of friend
- Brother - (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a monk and used as form of address; "a Benedictine Brother"
--5 is a kind of monk, monastic