Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun bloom has 6 senses
- blooming, bloom - the organic process of bearing flowers; "you will stop all bloom if you let the flowers go to seed"
--1 is a kind of organic process, biological process
- flower, bloom, blossom - reproductive organ of angiosperm plants especially one having showy or colorful parts
--2 is a kind of reproductive structure
--2 is a part of angiosperm, flowering plant
--2 has parts:
--2 has particulars:
- bloom, bloom of youth, salad days - the best time of youth
--3 is a kind of time of life
--3 is a part of youth
- bloom, blush, flush, rosiness - a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health
--4 is a kind of good health, healthiness
- flower, prime, peak, heyday, bloom, blossom, efflorescence, flush - the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
--5 is a kind of time period, period of time, period
--5 has particulars: golden age
- efflorescence, bloom - a powdery deposit on a surface
--6 is a kind of crystallization, crystallisation, crystallizing
Verb bloom has 1 sense
- bloom, blossom, flower - produce or yield flowers; "The cherry tree bloomed"
--1 is one way to develop