Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Verb swear has 5 senses
- curse, cuss, blaspheme, swear, imprecate - utter obscenities or profanities; "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
--1 is one way to express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear - to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true; "Before God I swear I am innocent"
--2 is one way to declare
They swear that there was a traffic accident
- swear - promise solemnly; take an oath
--3 is one way to vow
They swear to move
- swear, depose, depone - make a deposition; declare under oath
--4 is one way to declare
Somebody ----s that CLAUSE
- trust, swear, rely, bank - have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
--5 is one way to believe
Somebody ----s PP