Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun sophistication has 5 senses
- edification, sophistication - uplifting enlightenment
--1 is a kind of enlightenment
--1 has particulars: disenchantment, disillusion, disillusionment
- sophism, sophistry, sophistication - a deliberately invalid argument displaying ingenuity in reasoning in the hope of deceiving someone
--2 is a kind of fallacy, false belief
- sophistication - being expert or having knowledge of some technical subject; "understanding affine transformations requires considerable mathematical sophistication"
--3 is a kind of expertness, expertise
- sophistication, worldliness - the quality or character of being intellectually sophisticated through cultivation or experience or disillusionment
--4 is a kind of quality
Antonyms: naivete, naivety, naiveness
- sophistication - falsification by the use of sophistry; misleading by means of specious fallacies; "he practiced the art of sophistication upon reason"
--5 is a kind of falsification, falsehood