Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun sextet has 5 senses
- sextet, sextette, sestet - a musical composition written for six performers
--1 is a kind of musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
- six, 6, VI, sixer, sise, Captain Hicks, half a dozen, sextet, sestet, sextuplet, hexad - the cardinal number that is the sum of five and one
--2 is a kind of digit, figure
- sextet, sextette, sestet - six performers or singers who perform together
--3 is a kind of musical organization, musical organisation, musical group
- sextet, sextette, sestet - a set of six similar things considered as a unit
--4 is a kind of set
- sextet, sextette, sixsome - six people considered as a unit
--5 is a kind of gathering, assemblage