Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun relaxation has 7 senses
- relaxation - (physiology) the gradual lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers
--1 is a kind of increase, increment, growth
- relaxation, relaxation behavior - (physics) the exponential return of a system to equilibrium after a disturbance
--2 is a kind of exponential decay, exponential return
- easiness, relaxation - a state of refreshing tranquility
--3 is a kind of tranquillity, tranquility, quietness, quietude
--3 has particulars: languor, dreaminess
- relaxation, loosening, slackening - an occurrence of control or strength weakening; "the relaxation of requirements"; "the loosening of his grip"; "the slackening of the wind"
--4 is a kind of weakening
--4 has particulars: thaw
- rest, ease, repose, relaxation - freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
--5 is a kind of inactivity
--5 has particulars:
- relaxation, relaxation method - a method of solving simultaneous equations by guessing a solution and then reducing the errors that result by successive approximations until all the errors are less than some specified amount
--6 is a kind of mathematical process, mathematical operation, operation
- liberalization, liberalisation, relaxation - the act of making less strict
--7 is a kind of easing, easement, alleviation, relief