Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun realization has 6 senses
- realization, realisation, recognition - coming to understand something clearly and distinctly; "a growing realization of the risk involved"; "a sudden recognition of the problem he faced"; "increasing recognition that diabetes frequently coexists with other chronic diseases"
--1 is a kind of understanding, apprehension, discernment, savvy
- realization, realisation, actualization, actualisation - making real or giving the appearance of reality
--2 is a kind of creating by mental acts
--2 has particulars: objectification
- realization, realisation - a musical composition that has been completed or enriched by someone other than the composer
--3 is a kind of musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
- realization, realisation - a sale in order to obtain money (as a sale of stock or a sale of the estate of a bankrupt person) or the money so obtained
--4 is a kind of sale, cut-rate sale, sales event
- realization, realisation - the completion or enrichment of a piece of music left sparsely notated by a composer
--5 is a kind of composing, composition
- realization, realisation, fruition - something that is made real or concrete; "the victory was the realization of a whole year's work"
--6 is a kind of consummation