Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun quartet has 5 senses
- four, 4, IV, tetrad, quatern, quaternion, quaternary, quaternity, quartet, quadruplet, foursome, Little Joe - the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one
--1 is a kind of digit, figure
- quartet, quartette - four performers or singers who perform together
--2 is a kind of musical organization, musical organisation, musical group
--2 has particulars: barbershop quartet; string quartet, string quartette
- quartet, quartette, quadruplet - a set of four similar things considered as a unit
--3 is a kind of set
- quartet, quartette, foursome - four people considered as a unit; "he joined a barbershop quartet"; "the foursome teed off before 9 a.m."
--4 is a kind of gathering, assemblage
--4 has particulars: quadrumvirate
- quartet, quartette - a musical composition for four performers
--5 is a kind of musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music