Definitions from the Web
Professional football refers to the organized form of football (soccer) played by teams of skilled players who are paid for their performances.
- Sense 1: The highest level of football competition in a country or region, often involving teams affiliated with national or regional leagues.
- Sense 2: The collective term used to describe the sport of football played at a professional level.
- Usage 1: Many young athletes aspire to play professional football in leagues such as the English Premier League or the Spanish La Liga.
- Usage 2: Professional football has gained immense popularity worldwide due to its exciting matches and skilled players.
- Usage 3: The professional football industry generates significant revenue through TV broadcasting rights, sponsorship deals, and merchandise sales.
- The final match of the professional football league attracted a record-breaking crowd of over 80,000 spectators.
- The professional footballer displayed exceptional ball control and scored a stunning goal.
- She became the first woman to be signed by a professional football club.