Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective pale has 5 senses
- pale - very light colored; highly diluted with white; "pale seagreen"; "pale blue eyes"
Antonym: dark (indirect, via light)
- pale, pallid, wan - (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble; "the pale light of a half moon"; "a pale sun"; "the late afternoon light coming through the el tracks fell in pale oblongs on the street"; "a pallid sky"; "the pale (or wan) stars"; "the wan light of dawn"
Antonym: strong (indirect, via weak)
- pale, pallid - lacking in vitality or interest or effectiveness; "a pale rendition of the aria"; "pale prose with the faint sweetness of lavender"; "a pallid performance"
Antonym: colorful (indirect, via colorless)
- pale, pallid, wan - abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress; "the pallid face of the invalid"; "her wan face suddenly flushed"
Antonyms: colorful, colourful (indirect, via colorless)
- pale - not full or rich; "high, pale, pure and lovely song"
Antonym: full (indirect, via thin)