Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective odd has 6 senses
- odd - not divisible by two
- odd - not easily explained; "it is odd that his name is never mentioned"
Antonym: usual (indirect, via unusual)
- odd - an indefinite quantity more than that specified; "invited 30-odd guests"
Antonym: exact (indirect, via inexact)
- curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular - beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
Antonym: familiar (indirect, via strange)
- odd, unmatched, unmated, unpaired - of the remaining member of a pair, of socks e.g.
Antonym: matched (indirect, via mismatched)
- leftover, left over, left, odd, remaining, unexpended - not used up; "leftover meatloaf"; "she had a little money left over so she went to a movie"; "some odd dollars left"; "saved the remaining sandwiches for supper"; "unexpended provisions"
Antonym: exhausted (indirect, via unexhausted)