Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun neck has 4 senses
- neck, cervix - the part of an organism that connects the head to the rest of the body; "he admired her long graceful neck"
--1 is a kind of external body part
--1 is a part of body, organic structure, physical structure
--1 has parts:
--1 has particulars: bull neck
| ||dewlap; thymus gland, thymus; carotid artery, arteria carotis; cervical artery, areteria cervicalis; jugular vein, vena jugularis, jugular; trachea, windpipe; nape, scruff, nucha; throat, pharynx; cervical vertebra, neck bone; sternocleidomastoid, sternocleidomastoid muscle, sternocleido mastoideus, musculus sternocleidomastoideus|
- neck - a narrow elongated projecting strip of land
--2 is a kind of land, dry land, earth, ground, solid ground, terra firma
- neck - a cut of meat from the neck of an animal
--3 is a kind of cut, cut of meat
--3 has parts: scrag, scrag end; scrag
- neck - opening for the neck; the part of a garment near the neck opening
--4 is a kind of opening
--4 is a part of garment
--4 has parts: collar, neckband
--4 has particulars: neckline; V neck
Verb neck has 1 sense
- neck, make out - kiss, embrace, or fondle with sexual passion; "The couple were necking in the back seat of the car"
--1 is one way to pet
Somebody ----s somebody