Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Definitions from WordNet
Noun manliness has 1 sense
- manfulness, manliness, virility - the trait of being manly; having the characteristics of an adult male
--1 is a kind of masculinity
Definitions from the Web
Manliness refers to the qualities, characteristics, or behaviors typically associated with being a man. It encompasses notions of strength, courage, resilience, and assertiveness.
- John's manliness shone through as he fearlessly protected his family.
- Being dependable and responsible are essential aspects of true manliness.
- Although outdated, some still adhere to traditional gender roles equating domestic work with a lack of manliness.
- Sam's confidence and leadership skills demonstrate his natural manliness.
- Exploring the wilderness and facing challenges alone can be a test of manliness for some.
Discover related products on Amazon: