Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun judgment has 7 senses
- judgment, judgement, mind - an opinion formed by judging something; "he was reluctant to make his judgment known"; "she changed her mind"
--1 is a kind of opinion, sentiment, persuasion, view, thought
--1 has particulars: decision, determination, conclusion
- judgment, judgement, assessment - the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event; "they criticized my judgment of the contestants"
--2 is a kind of act, human action, human activity
--2 has particulars:
- judgment, judgement, judicial decision - (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
--3 is a kind of due process, due process of law
--3 has particulars:
| ||reversal; affirmation; confession of judgment, confession of judgement, cognovit judgment, cognovit judgement; default judgment, default judgement, judgment by default, judgement by default; non prosequitur, non pros; final judgment, final decision; judgment in personam, judgement in personam, personal judgment, personal judgement; judgment in rem, judgement in rem; judgment of dismissal, judgement of dismissal, dismissal; judgment on the merits, judgement on the merits; summary judgment, summary judgement, judgment on the pleadings, judgement on the pleadings; arbitration, arbitrament, arbitrement; opinion, ruling; finding|
- judgment, judgement, judging - the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
--4 is a kind of decision making, deciding
--4 has particulars: prejudgment, prejudgement
- opinion, legal opinion, judgment, judgement - the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision; "opinions are usually written by a single judge"
--5 is a kind of legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
--5 has particulars:
- judgment, judgement, sound judgment, sound judgement, perspicacity - the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
--6 is a kind of trait
--6 has particulars: objectivity, objectiveness; subjectivity, subjectiveness
- sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment - ability to make good judgments
--7 is a kind of wisdom, sapience
--7 has particulars: