Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective insecure has 5 senses
- insecure - not firm or firmly fixed; likely to fail or give way; "the hinge is insecure"
Antonyms: secure, steady, tight, tightened
- insecure, unsafe - lacking in security or safety; "his fortune was increasingly insecure"; "an insecure future"
Antonyms: secure, assured, bonded, guaranteed, secured, warranted, certified, established, firm, fail-safe, in safe custody, promised, safe, safe-deposit, safety-deposit, sure
- insecure - lacking self-confidence or assurance; "an insecure person lacking mental stability"
Antonyms: secure, unafraid, untroubled
- insecure, unsafe - not safe from attack
Antonym: invulnerable (indirect, via vulnerable)
- bad, insecure, risky, high-risk, speculative - not financially safe or secure; "a bad investment"; "high risk investments"; "anything that promises to pay too much can't help being risky"; "speculative business enterprises"
Antonym: sound (indirect, via unsound)