Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective identical has 5 senses
- identical, indistinguishable - exactly alike; incapable of being perceived as different; "rows of identical houses"; "cars identical except for their license plates"; "they wore indistinguishable hats"
Antonym: different (indirect, via same)
- identical, one and the same, selfsame, very - being the exact same one; not any other:; "this is the identical room we stayed in before"; "the themes of his stories are one and the same"; "saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers"; "on this very spot"; "the very thing he said yesterday"; "the very man I want to see"
Antonym: other (indirect, via same)
- identical, monovular - (of twins) derived from a single egg or ovum; "identical twins are monovular"
Antonyms: fraternal, biovular
- identical - having properties with uniform values along all axes
Antonym: anisotropic (indirect, via isotropic)
- identical, superposable - coinciding exactly when superimposed; "identical triangles"
Antonym: incongruent (indirect, via congruent)