Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective hurling has 1 sense
- hurling - rushing and whirling; "the hurling water"
Antonyms: nonmoving, unmoving (indirect, via moving)
Noun hurling has 1 sense
- hurling - a traditional Irish game resembling hockey; played by two teams of 15 players each
--1 is a kind of field game
Verb hurl has 3 senses
- hurl, hurtle, cast - throw forcefully
--1 is one way to throw
They hurl the object in the water
- lunge, hurl, hurtle, thrust - make a thrusting forward movement
--2 is one way to move
Something is ----ing PP
Somebody ----s PP
- hurl, throw - utter with force; utter vehemently; "hurl insults"; "throw accusations at someone"
--3 is one way to express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
Somebody ----s something